Australia Part 13- Black Star Pastry at Newtown, Centennial Park, French Reviera Ice-cream at Double Bay, Maggie's at Kings Cross

Day 18 (7/1/16)
Started my day with a lazy morning
Was still exhausted after the camping trip
Our last minute plan was to go to Newtown
Newtown is a student area with cheap Thai food alongside funky cafes and bars
Sydney University was just a stone's throw away
I wanted to try the famous strawberry watermelon cake at Black Star Pastry
It was the best choice I had ever made
Because the cake was just sooooooooooo YUMMY!!!










































The coffee cup was so artistic! 











































































I could finish this whole cake by myself! No joke!























As you can see
The cake has some strawberry slices, nuts and rose petals on top
Followed by a layer of cake, rose cream and a layer of watermelon
You will feel very refreshing after eating it!
I would definitely go back if I had a chance!































































































Then
We visited the Centennial Park
Centennial Park has a distinctive and special place in Australian history and culture.
It was once a huge catchment of creeks, swamps, springs, sand dunes and ponds fed by ground water, and was traditionally home to the Gadi people.
In 1888, Sir Henry Parkes dedicated Centennial Park as a public open space for the enjoyment of the people of New South Wales. Hundreds of unemployed men were enlisted to turn swamps, scrub and rock into a grand park in the Victorian tradition with formal gardens, ponds, statues and wide avenues for Sydneysiders to drive their carriages around to ‘take the air’.
More than 100 years later, Centennial Park remains a people’s park – a beautiful recreation area in the middle of Sydney’s densely populated eastern suburbs. It is also home to diverse flora and fauna and many significant tree plantings, including spectacular Port Jackson figs, Holm oaks and Norfolk Island pines dating back to the early 20th century.
Today Centennial Park is a playground for adults and children of all ages and is one of the few inner city parks in the world to offer horse riding facilities.

We fed the birds with some leftover biscuits and bread
I wish I had more time to cycle around the beautiful lake~
It felt like heaven~

I couldn't stop laughing while taking this picture~
Peloton



















































































Look at this cutie~























Cockatoos






































Black swans















































































































































































































































Enjoying this simple moment in life that can cheer you up so easily~






































Went to Double Bay which was a high-end place























Had French Reviera Ice-cream 
















































































I visited this place during my last trip too! It had the best ice-cream in town and the owner was so nice!























Walking along the street to burn down some fats~











































































These evening gowns on display cost a fortune!























Even though it's on clearance sale, I don't think I can afford anything!
































After dessert
We went to Kings Cross
Kings Cross is Sydney's 'Red Light' district
It's a place for you to party at night as it has lots of clubs, bars and restaurants
I guess it's a place that never sleeps~





















I was 6621 km away from home~






































We decided to try out Maggie's Potts Point
Which was an Austrian German Restaurant





































Love the interior of the restaurant~























Very big portion!






















We had Hähnchen (Chicken) Schnitzel served with cabbage salad and the famous rösti with Jaeger Sauce creamy champignon and Maggie's Famous Pork Knuckle






















As for dessert, we had Traditional Homemade Apple Strudel served with ice-cream and Sticky Date Cake
I love the Sticky Date Cake very much!
Cheers!










































We will be flying back the next morning~
Few more words before ending my blog on Aussie
I had some very unpleasant experiences (*Just for sharing and I didn't mean to put anyone down)
One of it was that a sales girl at a grocery store asked to check my bag thinking that I was a thief. How insane! There were so many people in front of me that went through the exit and she only asked me> < So, I let her search through my bag and eventually she found nothing. Duh! I didn't even touch anything in the store and she couldn't just assume that I stole something just because of my skin color! I got so angry after the incident and my mood totally spoiled. I felt like I wasn't welcomed in the country. Later, I tried to think that she was just being careful and observant. Maybe she was just doing her job and being responsible for her job. Well, to make myself better.

On the other hand, I also had many first experiences such as wine tasting, fruit picking and camping. Things which can't be done in Malaysia. I had so much fun and enjoyed myself very much! I love the simple and laid back lifestyles of the Aussie. I found myself laughing and smiling happily even at the simplest thing! The best things in life are always free~

See you again Australia~
Till we meet again!
I'm happy to be home!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australia Part 11- Stanwell Park, Kiama Blowhole, Kings Point Retreat Ulladulla for Camping

Eco Forest One Day Trip

Palladium Cafe KL & Batu Caves