I LOVE DIY (Part 2)

Here are the DIYs that I made in these few months
Including paper clay, modelling dough, wool felt, and Japanese paper flowers
1)Paper Clay
I bought this paper clay from Art Pac
It does not require oven to bake
But the disadvantage is that it does not stick
So it is very hard to do modelling
Luckily I still managed to shape it into a bow (must be quick before they dry out)
I learned this from a Youtube video sent by my friend
Initially I wanted to make bow ring
Too bad I did not know where to buy the ring
So I just made a simple bow shape

I left them to dry for a few days
Then, I applied many layers of nail polish to make them look glossy
This is how they look after applying nail polish
It can cover up the cracks too
2) Modelling Dough
Since paper clay did not stick
I decided to try out modelling dough from Daiso
It was made by wheat flour
I tried to make a sponge bob which I learned from Youtube video too
Unfortunately
It did not stick (again?)
So I just used UHU glue to stick pieces by pieces together and let it dry for few days
After a few days, I went to check
I saw there were some white spots on the sponge bob
Although it was stated behind the container of the modelling dough
But it still appeared ugly to me
I guess it was considered as a failure ?
3) Wool Felt
I bought this wool felt DIY from Daiso too
Everything you need is included in the packet
So it is super convenient
Plus it is cheap (only RM5)
Since I was a first timer
I bought the simplest one-the bear
Here's what you can find inside the packet
Including the wool, a needle, some embellishments and a guide
All you need to do is to roll them into a ball (according to the size and colour shown in the guide for different parts of the bear) 
Use the needle provided to poke it continuously until it becomes firm
Then just add on the embellishments and it's done!
I spent one and a half hour doing this
But the experience is definitely worth it !!!
4) Japanese Paper Flower
Again
I bought the paper flower DIY from Daiso (RM5)
It comes with a variety of colours
I chose pink because I think it looks lovely
It basically makes your life easier by finishing half of the procedures of folding tissue papers and tie them into a fan
Here's what you will see inside the packet
All the half way done fan-liked tissue papers

All you have to do is to pull out a piece of tissue paper from both sides gently
Repeat the procedure until all the tissue papers are pulled out
A flower will be formed
You can use the paper flower as a decoration for present, living room or even wedding
If you want something different
You can trim off the edges of the tissue paper with pointed or curve shape
Or you can trim it smaller so you will get paper flowers of different sizes

Comments

  1. =) i would like to try making stuff from ArtPac too. How do i colour them besides using nailpolish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wanji! So far I have only tried nail polish. If I'm not mistaken, most of the Youtube videos also used nail polish. Good luck with Art Pac! Nice blog you have there^^

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Australia Part 11- Stanwell Park, Kiama Blowhole, Kings Point Retreat Ulladulla for Camping

Eco Forest One Day Trip

Palladium Cafe KL & Batu Caves